The WAHU Mission
"The mission of the Wisconsin Association of Health Underwriters is to promote and sustain a knowledgeable and professional membership and successful business environment for those engaged in disability and health risk management; to further the enhancement of their professional skills and services which will foster a greater financial security and independence of the consuming public"
WAHU members are expert health care advisors who help you navigate health care options.
*Educate *Advise *Innovate *Protect *Communicate
- To promote the common business interest of those engaged in disability and risk management.
- To advance and promote public knowledge for the need and benefit of disability income and/or health insurance products.
- To provide and promote a program of continuing education and self-improvement of WAHU members.
- To increase the knowledge of members concerning the principles, functions and applications of health insurance and disability income products.
- To promote education, legislation, regulation and practices which are in the best interest of the health and disability insurance industry and the insuring public.
- To do such things and to carry out other such programs so as to further the purposes of the Association.
- To present accurately, honestly and completely every fact essential to the client’s decision as expressed in the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Health Underwriters, which are considered a part of these bylaws.
Code of Ethics
A. Hold the selling of health insurance as a profession and a public trust and do all in my power to maintain its prestige.
B. Keep the needs of my prospects and their families paramount.
C. Respect my client’s trust in me, and never do anything which would betray that trust or confidence.
D. Use no advertising which may be false or misleading.
E. Exercise diligence in securing and submitting all information necessary for the issuance of sound insurance coverage to the public I serve.
F. Consider the sale of Health Insurance as a career, know and abide by the insurance laws of my state, and seek constantly through study to increase my knowledge and
improve my ability to serve the insuring public.
G. Be fair and just to my competitors, and engage in no practices which might reflect unfavorably on myself or my industry.
H. Treat prospects, clients, and companies fairly by submitting applications which give give all information pertinent to the underwriting of a policy.
I. Be loyal to my associates, my fellow agents and the company or companies I represent.